Increase font size
Decrease font size
The focal point of the Friday Center is the Atrium with walls of rich wood and fine polished granite. The two-story area is flooded with natural light from the glass roof that extends the length of the building and is perfect for informal gatherings, registrations, exhibits, and formal receptions.
The Friday Center offers a wide range of flexible meeting space. Our staff will work with you to match your needs with the Center’s capabilities and amenities. Most meeting rooms offer:
- handicapped accessibility, including assistive listening devices and wheelchair-compatible tables
- built-in projection screens
- built-in sound and projection systems
- lighting systems with touch panel controls
- wireless Internet access
- direct phone lines from each room to the technology support staff.
Furniture has been carefully selected to provide comfortable, ergonomically-designed seating for your meeting participants. The colors used throughout the facility contribute to a warm and visually-pleasing learning environment. Meeting spaces, all located on the first floor, include:
- a 400-seat auditorium with an elevated stage, smart classroom technology systems, a sloped floor, upholstered seats with retractable armrests/writing surfaces and conveniently located outlets for laptops, ADA seating, and a special speaker preparation room adjacent to the stage
- a seminar room with tiered seating, blackout curtains, smart classroom technology systems, and microphones built into audience seating areas specifically for videoconferencing
- two large meeting rooms with flexible seating
- six small meeting rooms with flexible seating
- a classroom equipped with 25 workstations and direct fiber-optic connections to campus and the Internet. The instructor’s workstation image can be projected onto a large screen for the class to view. Groups can bring their own laptops for connection to the data ports or use the Center’s inventory of 14 laptops.
- a spacious board room with executive leather chairs and a hardwood conference table that seats 20
- a 416-seat dining room, offering daily luncheon service as well as specially scheduled private functions; this room can be subdivided
- two lounges offer guests a place to gather informally. One lounge features a marble-surrounded fireplace, and both open directly onto small outdoor patio areas. Arrangements can be made to use the lounges for meetings, receptions, and meals.
- four day-offices, suitable for conference planners to work from during conferences; they may also be used for small group meetings (4–8 people).
See Floor Plan and click on each room for pictures and capacities.
Arrangements can be made for videoconferencing, video recording, audio recording, and on-demand Web streaming. Wireless Internet connectivity is available throughout the building.
The Friday Center also offers these amenities for participants:
- business center
- e-mail stations
- copy and fax services
- a gift and book store
- a first-aid room
- public phones, including free campus phones
- privacy room (for nursing mothers)
- restrooms throughout the facility.