Increase font size
Decrease font size
African, African American, and Diaspora Studies
AAAD 101: Introduction to Africa
Offered fall 2013
This course is an introduction to the African continent and is intended to
- acquaint you with the African environment, its peoples, their culture, past, and contemporary society
- develop an appreciation for African civilization, a civilization that has made a major contribution to American society.
- Schraeder, African Politics and Society: A Mosaic in Transformation
- Thiong'o, Matigari
- Dangarembga, Nervous Conditions
- Thiong'o, A Grain of Wheat (1994), ISBN 978-0435909871 Note: This text is not available from Friday Center Books & Gifts but can be purchased from online sources or local bookstores.
You may purchase the textbooks (except for A Grain of Wheat) at Friday Center Books & Gifts in person, online, or by mailing or faxing in the book order form. Refer to the online ordering site for current book prices. Please see Textbooks for textbook purchase dates.
- Instructor: Tim McMillan, PhD
- Department: African, African American, and Diaspora Studies
- Credit hours: 3
- View a sample course syllabus.