Increase font size
Decrease font size
MACD 401: Elementary Macedonian
This is the first semester of an introductory course in Macedonian language. The course covers pronunciation, structure of language, and reading in modern Macedonian.
- Instructor: Biljana Belamarić-Wilsey, MA
- Credit-granting Institution: UNC-Chapel Hill
- Credit Hours: 3
- Assignments: 15
- See a sample course syllabus.
- All required materials are available for free online.
- Kramer, Macedonian: A Course for Elementary and Intermediate Students, 3rd edition, ISBN 978-0299247645
- Students must complete at least ten conversation hours via online audio conferencing with the instructor.
Computer System Requirements
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0, or Safari 2.0
- Hardware: headphones or speakers, built-in or external; microphone, built-in or external
- Plug-ins: free downloads of the following: Java 1.4.2 and 1.5, Macromedia Flash, and Shockwave Player
- Internet connection: recommended: high-speed cable or DSL; minimum: 56K modem
- Operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac 10.4
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 for Windows (1280 x 960 for Mac 10.4)