Increase font size
Decrease font size
AST 103: The Solar System
AST 103 is a descriptive introduction to our solar system from a historical and evolutionary perspective.
- Instructor: Paul Heckert, PhD
- Credit-granting Institution: Western Carolina University
- Credit Hours: 3
- Assignments: 11
- View a sample course syllabus.
- Zeilik, Astronomy: The Evolving Universe, 9th edition (2002), ISBN 978-0521800907
You may purchase the textbook at Friday Center Books & Gifts in person, online, or by mailing or faxing in the book order form. Refer to the online ordering site for current book prices.
- To complete one of the assignments, students will need access to one of the following: a small telescope, binoculars, sighting scope, or similar optical instrument.